Nathaniel Ploskonka attended John Carroll University on a full scholarship via the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC). During his time with the ROTC, he excelled in leadership situations and finished in the top 10% of his class in the Leadership Development and Assessment Course (LDAC) administered by the United States Army. Here are three things that incoming freshman ROTC cadets should know.
- Incoming freshman should pay attention to details, be honest, only speak when spoken to. It’s important to think before you speak as an incoming freshman ROTC cadet. It’s best not to speak unless spoken to and instead listen well and pay attention to the smallest of details. Questions are often answered before they are asked. Honesty is similarly important because it allows freshman to learn from their mistakes and keep their fellow cadets out of trouble. ROTC is a brotherhood, and everyone watches out for each other.
- Freshman ROTC cadets should work hard and make sure that they are pulling their weight. ROTC is about teamwork and if one cadet slacks off and doesn’t pull their weight, it means someone else is taking on more work.
- Freshman ROTC cadets should buy a watch and always have it on them. Being on time is incredibly important and if one cadet is late, it affects the entire team. Cadets should plan on getting every early so as to not risk being late.
Nathaniel Ploskonka commissioned as an officer after he graduated college and is now a Platoon Leader in the Ohio Army National Guard. He is in charge of four howitzer cannons and five sections of 50 soldiers.
Nathaniel Ploskonka was a student-athlete at Baldwin Wallace University. He was on the school’s men’s basketball team until 2012, when he graduated on the Dean’s list with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance and Entrepreneurship. In addition to being a member of the basketball team, he also managed to find time to participate in a number of social clubs and excel in the classroom. Here are three things for student-athletes to consider.
- It is important that student-athletes plan for the future. It is easy for them to stay in the moment and plan a day at a time considering how hectic their schedules are, but it is important to always keep on eye on the future. This means that it is important to never burn bridges and stay in constant communication with friends, family, teammates, coaches, professors, and administrative staff.
- Student-Athletes who are still deciding on which school to attend need to ask good questions at recruitment meetings. It is important that a student-athlete attends the right school for them. They should ask questions like: what is the retention rate of the school? What are the most common majors of teammates? What is the overall grade point average for students at the school?
- Student athletes need to stay grounded and be realistic about their future. The vast majority of student athletes do not go professional in their sport and they need to have a plan for life after college. Life is full of surprises and it is Important to develop a backup plan just in case.
Nathaniel Ploskonka is passionate about commercial real estate and is currently looking to join an ambitious commercial real estate firm that will allow him to grow professionally.
Nathaniel Ploskonka attended Baldwin Wallace University, from which he graduated from in 2012 on the Dean’s list with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance and Entrepreneurship. While he was a student at Baldwin Wallace, he was also a member of the school’s men’s varsity basketball team and managed to juggle the difficult and hectic life of a college student-athlete. Here are three things that define a successful student-athlete.
- Successful student athletes are able to manage their brands. Every year at the beginning of the season, there is one teammate who is a bit of a showoff or has a loudmouth. That teammate always tends to flame out quickly. Successful student athletes do not let themselves start like this. They stay grounded and focused, thus managing their brand and who they are.
- Successful student-athletes fail and make mistakes, but they always pick themselves up and learn from those failures and mistakes. This includes not only mistakes made in athletics but also mistakes made in the classroom. For example, because a student athlete’s schedule is hectic every day, they need to make time to study. It is easy to make initial scheduling mistakes, but it is important to learn from those mistakes and make the necessary corrections.
- Successful student athletes are avid learners of both their sport and their major. They are passionate readers, who enjoy learning everything they can on the field and in the classroom. They show leadership and initiative on the field and in the classroom. They also keep their minds open to different opinions and ways of thinking.
Nathaniel Ploskonka is currently a professional in the real estate industry. He is looking to work for an ambitious real estate firm that will allow him to grow professionally.
Nathaniel Ploskonka graduated from Baldwin Wallace University in 2012 on the Dean’s list with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance and Entrepreneurship. He was a member of a number of social clubs at school including the Investment Club, College Republicans, and the Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity. He was also a member of the school’s men’s varsity basketball team. Here are three tips for succeeding as a student-athlete.
- Time Management is an important skill to develop and possess for student athletes. They need to treat their entire life like it is a full-time job by fulfilling all commitments. This means that they need to take their classes and education just as seriously as their athletics. Balancing both is going to be difficult, but developing discipline and a schedule is helpful.
- Successful student-athletes understand the importance of communication. They need to communicate with their professors and classmates when they are going to miss a class. They need to be able to communicate with their coaches and teammates if they are to succeed on what every field or court they play on. These means during games, practices, and outside of athletic events.
- Successful student athletes are able to separate themselves from their talent. They don’t let their talent and skills in sports define who they are as a person. Successful student athletes manage to challenge their comfort zones and engage with people who are outside of their circle of athletics. This develops student-athletes into more rounded people and sets them up for future success.
Nathaniel Ploskonka is currently a professional in the commercial real estate industry in Northeast Ohio.
Nathaniel Ploskonka is a knowledgeable resource for information about real estate. Worked for Cresco Real Estate as a Sale Associate until recently. He began his career in real estate as an intern for Cresco. As an intern, he focused on real estate investment and development. Here are three tips for investing in real estate.
- Before any decisions are made, investors need to develop a game plan that outlines who will be involved, what they plan on accomplishing, how much time are they willing to spend, and what will the budget be. This game plan will serve is a guide to follow through the process of investing in real estate.
- Potential investors should bring in experts to review plans. Experts can help investors determine if their plan is cost effective and feasible. Experts are likely going to tell potential investors that they should invest slow and build up the amount of investments that they make. This is good advice to follow.
- Investors will experience a number of highs and a number of lows. They need to be able to navigate through both and understand how to respond appropriately. Most importantly, investors need to remember never to give up if they are experiencing a low. There is always a high just around the corner.
Nathaniel Ploskonka is a professional in the real estate industry and is very compassionate about commercial real estate. He most recently worked for Cresco Real Estate in Independence, Ohio and is currently looking to couple his education, passion, and experience and bring them to an ambitious commercial real estate firm that will allow him to grow professionally.
Nathaniel Ploskonka is a professional in the real estate industry in Northeast Ohio. He is passionate about commercial real estate and is looking to couple his passion for commercial real estate with his education and experience, and bring them to an ambitious firm that will allow him to grow professionally. He looks forward to forging a successful career in commercial real estate. Here are three things that will determine the success of a commercial real estate agent.
- Working for a reputable commercial real estate company is beneficial to a commercial real estate agents success. The company does not necessarily need to be one of the large brokerage firms; rather, it should be a firm that well thought of, respected, and known for the quality service that they provide. These types of firms are easily able to bring in clients to their agents because of the firm’s reputation.
- The market that a commercial real estate agent works in will have a huge effect on the career of any agent. Large markets like Los Angeles and New York City have more activity in the commercial real estate market, and agents can charge higher fees compared to small and mid-sized market areas.
- A commercial real estate agent’s personality can affect their success in their profession. Some people are born to work in real estate because they have the right personality and intangibles that make the job easy. Others have to work hard on developing personality skills that translate well into the industry. There are plenty of types of personalities that work well in real estate.
Nathaniel Ploskonka was a Sales Associate for Cresco Real Estate in Independence, Ohio until recently. He brought a fresh and assertive attitude towards his tenant and landlord clients.
Nathaniel Ploskonka is a professional in the Northeastern Ohio real estate industry. He was a Sales Associate for Cresco Real Estate in Independence, Ohio and is currently looking for new and exciting opportunities. Nathaniel Ploskonka was successful with Cresco by bringing a fresh and assertive approach to tenant and landlord clients. Here three tips for succeeding in commercial real estate.
- The Internet has made finding potential clients easier than it used to be. It is important that commercial real estate agents take advantage of the Internet for the excellent resource that it is. Web sites such as LoopNet’s Property Records and InfoUSA.com provide contact information of local businesses. This allows real estate agents to target a specific market and make direct contact with potential clients.
- Cold calling seems like an ancient technique, but it is still a relatively effective method for commercial real estate agents to reach out to potential clients; the same goes for cold emailing. Agents can potentially reach up to 1,000 people per day by using pre-recorded messages.
- Commercial real estate agents should seek to continue their education and improve their skills. This is especially true of agents who work for big brokerage firms because these firms tend to provide toned down basic training, meaning their agents may feel like they lag behind. Continuing education is important in commercial real estate.
Nathaniel Ploskonka is passionate about commercial real estate and is looking to bring his knowledge, education, and experience to an ambitious firm that will allow him to grow professionally.